Sunday, July 03, 2005

All Systems Stop

This is definitely one of those weeks where nothing's going right. I'm mid-project for my chapter right now (a guide entitled The Successful Synopsis: Finaled, Agented, Sold!, which will be available at RWA's Moonlight Madness bazaar in Reno, then from the CFRW website after National), and of course, I can't line up all the information I need to put the darned thing to bed.

Then, after moving every stick of furniture out of my living room--which entails stacking all of it in my dining room and office so you can't move in either room--so DH can rip up the destroyed carpet (three hurricanes, two weeks without power or A/C during a Florida August, two kids, and two dogs can do that to you) and prepare for our new wood floors, Home Depot says "Oh, wait, that order won't be in until next Wednesday."

Pause for steam to clear from ears.

Oh well. The concrete's clean. When the flooring finally does get here, we can throw down, move the furniture back in, then tear up the dining room and do it all over again. At least we'll have the rest of the wood ready to go.

Do I have to mention that the writing has gone out the window? I'm the literary version of Lily Von Schtupp right now: "Everything above ze vaist ist KAPUT!"

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009