Sunday, February 19, 2006

Club Med(iterranean)

Our good friends, Comic Man and Mrs. Comic, held a killer brunch today. It's a good thing I don't live in the Mediterranean. I'd be roughly the size of Corfu. On the menu: Greek salad, grilled lamb, lemon-garlic chicken, spanakopita, tzatziki, hummus, olive oil roasted potatoes, pitas. Garlic. Lots of garlic. And baklava. Baklava is of the devil. The woman at the deli who insisted "Whole tray!" to Mrs. Comic when she picked up the baklava is of the devil. My willpower (such as it isn't) is of the devil because I felt the urge to help Mrs. Comic clean off "whole tray!" of baklava.

Given that I could make an entire meal out of spanakopita and baklava, maybe it's just phyllo that is of the devil.

Mrfmnnh. Time to lie down and digest.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009