Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It Waz the Bst of Tmz--

Gotta love today's Zits cartoon, drawn by the fabulous Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman:


I cannot text to save my life. My friends Barb and Ans can send the US Constitution back and forth without even looking at their thumbs, but I plod away, letter by letter, two clicks for "b" and three clicks for "l" and so on (predictive text gets me no end of weirdness). Writing a novel like this would be torture. Of course, writing a novel the regular way gets dodgy at times. Still, the idea's hilarious to think about! What kind of nutcase would you have to be to write this way??

4 comments:

Keri Mikulski said...

Could it be the future? Thanks for sharing. I'm so amazed by teens who text sooo fast. :)

Lara Dien said...

My sister, who is only a year younger than I, texts me periodically. I call her back.

Terry Odell said...

I didn't even know my phone got text messages -- it's strictly a 'for emergency use only' device as far as I'm concerned. However, I turned it on once to hear a bleeping sound and discovered a text message about one of my books. How cool was that!

Macy O'Neal said...

The only reason I can text is because I have a Q (type of phone) and it has a key pad that looks like a typewriter.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009