Friday, December 22, 2006

The Bed List/The Dinner List

BED LIST: PETER KRAUSE



A&E's blanketing its network with promos for Six Feet Under, which it will show in the spring. What is it with A&E and recycled HBO series? But I digress. In the forefront, the very sexy Peter Krause. That's KROW-zuh, to you and me. But Six Feet fans are way behind. I've appreciated this guy since the late, great Sports Night, a little piece which also introduced us to Desperate Housewife Felicity "Lynette" Huffman and gave us a chance to see how Nuwanda grew up. Krause? Yowza.

DINNER LIST: AARON SORKIN



If he does nothing else in his career, Aaron Sorkin has hit the trifecta with three things: Sports Night, The West Wing, and best yet, The American President. Quite the impressive resume. The guy who teaches American Government across the hall from me shows The American President to his kids every year because it raises serious political issues about elections, bills, lobbying, etc. in a light and very funny way. But I'd watch it again and again for the speech that ends, "We've got serious problems, and we need serious people, and if you want to talk about character, Bob, you'd better come at me with more than a burning flag and a membership card. If you want to talk about character and American values, fine. Just tell me where and when, and I'll show up. This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up. My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I *am* the President." Methinks more real Presidents should put this one on the Netflix queue.

1 comments:

E. said...

Absolutely genius, agree entirely :]

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009