Friday, June 02, 2006

The Bed List/The Dinner List

June 1 marks the first day of Gay Pride Month, and in honor of my gay friends, this edition of the Bed/Dinner List has a twist--the ladies I'd pick if I were so inclined.

BED LIST: HALLE BERRY



Halle Berry is like the most beautiful woman on the planet, okay? Stinkers aside (Catwoman, anyone?), she usually makes excellent choices in film. I've watched her bloom from crack whore (Jungle Fever) to Oscar-winner (Monster's Ball) while battling racism, bad press, and abusive husbands. That's impressive. Plus, she knows how to dress--you do remember her Elie Saab Oscar gown? And she's an X-Man. Now that rocks.

DINNER LIST: LILY TOMLIN



I'd have dinner with Lily Tomlin even if it weren't Gay Pride Month. This is one seriously smart woman. Smart and hilarious, my two favorite qualities in a dinner guest. We could talk about everything from Robert Altman to channeling Steve Martin in All of Me (a favorite). And if we got bored, we could talk in Edith Ann voices while waiting for dessert. And that's the truth.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009