Friday, October 27, 2006

The Bed List/The Dinner List

BED LIST: KEVIN BACON



Because we all watched him get Footloose (even if it was Peter Tramm of "Sharp Dressed Man" fame doing the big dance routine in the barn). Because he's a musician. Because he's been married to Kyra Sedgewick forever. Because he has a game named after him that I am quite good at playing, if I do say so myself...and an evening with him would certainly shortcut my six degrees to anybody into about two steps!

DINNER LIST: STEPHEN KING



Four days remain before NaNoWriMo begins, so naturally Chez mimi is absorbed in the writing milieu. With that sort of reflection comes a huge appreciation for the master of horror and pop culture guru Stephen King. I have yet to meet a writer who isn't enamored with his autobiography/how to On Writing. It's funny, poignant, sensible, and wonderfully written. Plus, he's willing to navigate the treacherous waters between genre and literary fiction, giving us genre folks some much-needed validation and the more precious/pretentious of the lit crowd a much-needed pin into the ol' ego. Gotta love that. I admire him enough that I'd even fix New England boiled dinner for him, and that's saying something.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009