Monday, November 07, 2005

Crossing Over to the Dark (Pink) Side

It's been a long time since I've done this, but I broke down and did it.

I bought Mary Kay.

I have to say that I wasn't intending to do anything of the sort. RWA shared its conference space in Dallas two years ago with the annual Mary Kay gathering, and it was a mite scary for those of us who don't get the whole multi-level marketing thing. It was even scarier to get trapped in elevators with bunches of them, all dressed in their red or blue blazers and sporting more ribbons than champion Olympic equestrians. Creepy. However, a friend of mine from church is a consultant and is the nicest, lowest-pressure person I know. Since part of my annual birthday present to myself is new makeup, I invited her over to do the makeover thing. Jury's still out on the makeup, but the skin care...wow. I'd forgotten how smooth and nice Mary Kay makes it, even if it is ridiculously expensive. No more expensive than hitting the Clinique counter, though (I tell myself). So, pink it is. For the face. No way I'm getting sucked into the ribbon clique.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have only one thing to say about those Mary Kay ladies: "Blucher!"

mimi said...

"Blucher"--you are too funny! I must admit to some underbreath whinnying whenever the ribbon-women got on the elevator in Dallas...

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009