Saturday, June 04, 2005

Cinderelly, Cinderelly!!

You could operate on my kitchen floor right now. Right now, that is. Give it ten more minutes with my two monkeys, the twins from around the corner, and the two dogs, and it'll no longer be that clean.

How clean, you may ask? On my knees with a scrubber sponge, a bucket of suds, and a rinse bucket. I could practically hear the mice singing the work song: "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, all I hear is Cinderelly!" Every once in a while, though, it's good to get down and dirty with your kitchen floor, especially if your kitchen floor is as down and dirty as mine was. Ewww. At this point, though, even those two bitchy English broads from How Clean Is Your House? would be impressed.

Since we're in total renovation and cleaning mode around Chez Mimi, we're back on the job of touching up the paint in the laundry room, priming and painting the new back door--the one with the glass in it, yay! (although I keep seeing light back there and yelling at the kids to shut the door, since that's the only way natural light used to get in there)--patching, priming, and laying the new floor, and waiting for the big, burly men to deliver my new washer and dryer. Ooo! Go me.

I won't morph into a domestic goddess overnight. I need to spend some serious time and energy with the Flylady this summer, but maybe by the time school gets back in, I'll have a normal house.

Whatever that looks like.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009