Tuesday, September 15, 2009

10 Things You Think Are Cool

  1. Facebook. Amazingly, it erases years and awkward social boundaries.
  2. iPhones. Totally want one, but will wait patiently for T-Mobile to get its act together.
  3. My kids. They are wonderfully talented and funny, and sometimes I wonder how it's possible that I'm their mom.
  4. Convertibles. Once I owned my first (a 1991 Mercury Capri), I was hooked for life.
  5. British humor. The world is a better because of Monty Python, Blackadder, and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
  6. Jugglers. 'Cause I can't do it.
  7. The Big Bang Theory. The TV show, that is, for making geekdom cool. And hilarious.
  8. Baseball. It's a thinking fan's sport. If you think it's boring, you probably just don't get it.
  9. Thomas Jefferson. Because every country needs a founding genius, and we got him. Go visit his personal library at the Library of Congress or his home, Monticello, and you'll see what I mean.
  10. Marriage. Despite all the day-to-day frustration and responsibility and all, it's absolutely awesome to come home to your best friend every day.

0 comments:

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009