Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankfulness

I find there are far too many adults who are cranky and ungrateful. Instead, they carp about what they don't like, what's done wrong (in ther eyes), how other people are, etc., etc. Get trapped in one of these litanies and you'll see what I mean. I admit to being the cranky sort on occasion, but today, I find I have far more to be thankful for than not. To wit:
  • My daughter and son are curled up on the sofas with our dogs. What would life be without them--children or dogs?
  • I have a messy kitchen thanks to a morning of baking. Thanks for original recipes that rock (chocolate chip cookie bars), the smell of bread in the oven, and key lime pie.
  • Thanks for cows. A cold glass of milk with one of the aforementioned cookie bars is pretty close to perfection!
  • My living room o'erflows with books we need to trade and donate. Thanks to authors for hours of learning and escape.
  • My hallway o'erflows with laundry. Thanks for favorite jeans, jammies, and T-shirts. And for washing machines.
  • DH is currently ferrying his mom back to her house after spending Thanksgiving with us. Thanks to her for giving me him!
  • Thanks for friends, who enrich our lives (and Happy Birthday to Nancy, who's turning--erm--some classified number I can't reveal lest she kill me).
What do you have to be thankful for?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for a very special friend I've known since jr. high.

 

the dish Design by Insight © 2009